Base coat your Board using the foam brush. Start with the edges first then fill in the rest. Let dry completely, apply second coat if needed
- take an old credit card to rub down the front of the vinyl stencil to make sure the image will stick to the tape.
- Carefully peal the clear transfer tape off backing making sure the image is stuck to the tape. This kit has many tiny parts..make sure you have all the lettering pieces stuck to the transfer tape..if you need too, rub with the credit card as you are peeling.
- Stick your stencil image on your board, using a credit card rub the vinyl to make sure the image will stick to the board.
- Slowly peal off the clear transfer tape leaving the vinyl image stencil on your board.
- Use the fat part of the sponge wedge to dip into your black paint, coat your sponge in paint and dab off as much paint as you can before you start to fill in the negative space on your board. You want to use as little paint as possible, you can always go back and do many light coats. DO NOT USE WATER.
- When you are finished painting the lettering and it is dry. Slowly peal off the vinyl stencil use a safety pin to peal off the tiny parts
- Turn board over and affix the sawtooth hanger to the top center of the sign using a hammer
- Now it is time to paint on your handprints, start with the largest hand first. Using the foam brush mix your color with a little hand soap, this will help clean your hand of paint when finished and will not affect the project. If you need more colors for your family and do not have your own paint at home, you can mix any of the colors with the leftover white paint to make any of those colors lighter for a different look.
When the World Handprint DIY Kit
art DIY Kids craft paint Sign kits
← Older Post Newer Post →